7th ANNUAL GLOBAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
May 09 - 14, 2014
Theme: Congruence in Globalization
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Peter J. Buckley, Prof Klaus Meyer
Perspectives covering an array of management and business disciplines have enriched the study of globalization in the 21st century. The 6th Annual Global Management Conference invites papers that adopt this approach to address emerging issues and trends in globalization.
The conference theme, Congruence in Globalization, aims to stimulate the exchange of ideas that consider the essence of globalization. Our 21st century version of globalization is not necessarily the first effort to establish mechanisms for the exchange of goods, ideas and people. Indeed, the Silk Roads are thought to have been instrumental in creating "a single Afro-Eurasian world system perhaps from as early as 2000 BCE."
Globalization may be a 4000 year old practice with a 21st century appearance that relies on information technology among other contemporary mechanisms. But in as much as congruence was, in all likelihood, a central ideal of the single world system in 2000 BCE, it is equally central to the evolution of globalization today.
How congruence and globalization interact generates a series of questions which the conference proposes to consider.
In the globalization context:
- How are differences and diversity in ethnicity, culture and resulting business practices respected?
- How can we adequately acknowledge the diversity of each and every globalization participant?
- How can the principles of co-existence and cooperation be championed?
- How can we create balance and harmony among different peoples, cultures, business and economic models
- How does enterprise engage effectively in emerging interrelationships and mutual inter-dependencies with the natural environment?
- How do cross-cultural learning and collaboration on social, economic and business initiatives become strategic advantages?
- What are emerging trends in corporate social responsibility and its impact on maintaining international peace and ethical prosperity?
- How can we best understand specific practices that overcome unavoidable differences through give and take and win-win resolutions?
- How can management practices take a micro approach by acknowledging the specific unique needs of each participant toward macro outcomes of benefit to all?
By addressing these and similar questions, we believe the conference will shed greater light on the interrelationship between globalization and congruence. Will globalization make the ideals of congruence more achievable? Or will globalization fail to reach its potential because the levers of congruence have not been adequately applied?
We encourage papers, symposia proposals and track suggestions within these broad themes exploring congruence and globalization.
In addition to the regular academic presentations, we are inviting senior executives from industry to present their unsolved questions in panel discussions with representative researchers. These presentations and discussions will likely determine significant future research agendas that could more effectively address the needs of both industry and academia.
Submission Deadline of Proposals: March 30, 2014
The submissions will be double-blind reviewed on a rolling basis to ensure a rapid decision. Accepted papers will be published in the Global Management Conference proceedings and the best papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Global Business Administration http://www.jgba.org or in the Egitania Sciencia http://www.ipg.pt/revistaipg/default_uk.aspx
The submissions will be double-blind reviewed on a rolling basis to ensure a rapid decision. Accepted papers will be published in the Global Management Conference proceedings and the best papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Global Business Administration (JGBA).
Authors of accepted papers must register for the conference to have papers published in the proceedings and will have access to the evaluations and feedback of the reviewers. Authors may revise their papers accordingly prior to the proceedings publication deadline. To view the proposal form, a description of the process and the benefits of organizing a session, follow the link: Session/Panel Proposals
For registration instructions, please go to our website at: www.gmconference.ca
Start here to submit a paper to Global Management Conference.
STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS