5th ANNUAL GLOBAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
May 22 - 25, 2013
Managing Globalization in Times of Economic Crisis
Dr. Sarkarand Mr. Wolf
Second Call for Papers and Session Proposals
The 5th Annual Global Management Conference explores the theme of managing globalization specifically in periods of economic crisis. Globalization has set into motion numerous trends that have created immense opportunities for organizations and economies around the world. As economic crisis emerges in one or more domains of the globally networked economic and business system, what are the managerial challenges that must be overcome to minimize risk for the organization and find future opportunities?
The questions we aim to explore focus on various manifestations of these challenges:
Gaining a better understanding of emerging contexts for leading and innovating in the process of Strategic Global Management.
Implications for managing of global partnerships
Evidence of sustainable and responsible business models and practices in the global context including social responsibility, green business, and sustainable energy.
- The behavior of capital markets in relation to IPOs, venture capital and implications for regulation
- Emerging trends in corporate governance and financial management including new forms of ownership, patterns in mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation practices and the constitution and behavior of corporate boards of directors.
- Implications for supply chain and logistics management covering the legal framework, ebusiness models and reverse logistics
- Trends in quality management across globalized contexts and the impact of lean management systems and practices.
Trends in marketing including brand, identity and corporate reputation, marketing communications and public relations, and entrepreneurial and small business marketing
- The impact of globalization on evolving political and civic infrastructures from the perspectives of emerging modernity, consumption sociology, social and public policies and the organization of work and the professions.
- The emerging Global Knowledge Society and the influence of information systems, knowledge management practices, online business and education models, Web 2.0 and social media.
Panel Discussions covering any of these challenges or others that authors would like to propose are welcome. Accepted panels will be scheduled for a complete session (3-5 papers). Proposals should describe the topic, emphasizing its importance to Managing Globalization in Times of Economic Crisis, identify the researchers who will participate in the session and provide the abstracts for the papers.
In addition to the regular academic presentations, we are inviting senior executives from industry to present their unsolved questions in panel discussions with representative researchers. These presentations and discussions will likely determine significant future research agendas that could more effectively address the needs of both industry and academia.
Last Submission Deadline of Proposals: April 04, 2013
The submissions will be double-blind reviewed on a rolling basis to ensure a rapid decision. Accepted papers will be published in the Global Management Conference proceedings and the best papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Global Business Administration http://www.jgba.org or in the Egitania Sciencia http://www.ipg.pt/revistaipg/default_uk.aspx
The submissions will be double-blind reviewed on a rolling basis to ensure a rapid decision. Accepted papers will be published in the Global Management Conference proceedings and the best papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Global Business Administration (JGBA).
Authors of accepted papers must register for the conference to have papers published in the proceedings and will have access to the evaluations and feedback of the reviewers. Authors may revise their papers accordingly prior to the proceedings publication deadline. To view the proposal form, a description of the process and the benefits of organizing a session, follow the link: Session/Panel Proposals
For registration instructions, please go to our website at: www.gmconference.ca
Start here to submit a paper to Global Management Conference.
STEP ONE OF THE SUBMISSION PROCESS